Thermal Activation Generator also named “Thermal Activation Device” or “Thermal Generator”, for short name is “TAD”, it is a special electro-mechanical equipment which is used to detect heat from a fire, and then converts mechanical movement into electrical instantaneous current automatically, this small current trigger our super-fine ABC dry chemical powder fire extinguisher or aerosol suppression system to work, and without any external power supply.
Its basic characteristics and data sheet are listed in the following points:
- Name: Thermal Activation Device.
- Models: AW-101.
- Temperature Sensing Material: Thermal Metal.
- Dimension: φ65*85mm, not include installation base.
- Weight: about 170 grams.
- Effective power generator time: more than 2mS.
- Rated activation temperature: 45℃, 72℃, 93℃, 110℃.
- Ambient Temperature:-50℃ to +85℃.
- Life time: 15 years.
- Feedback signal function: Normal open or normal closed.
- Generate power: 3.5 V DC at 1.0 Ohm.
WORKING PRINCIPLE OF THERMAL ACTIVATION GENERATOR
- when heat-sensitive element reaches its rated activation activation temperature, the thermal element fusible metal began to deform, and release the moving pole with spring.
- Under the action of spring, the magnet in the moving pole passes through the induction coil and make the coil generate small current.
- The pulse current is output to activate the fire extinguishing device through the output terminal, and the feedback signal terminal which is non-polarity changes from normal open state to normal closed state.
For more details please read our AW-101 Thermal Activation Device User Manual
This thermal device have unique features:
- By using it, no external power supply is required.
- Autonomous to activate fire suppression system which require small input current, such as: Super-fine ABC dry chemical powder fire extinguisher and aerosol fire extinguisher.
- It is a stand-alone thermal detector with a fixed temperature rating, normally the rated temperature are: 45℃, 72℃, 93℃ or 110℃.
- It has a signal feedback function.
- It also has a small size, and can be installed in many small and narrow space.
Its main application fields as follow:
- Wind turbine.
- Electrical Enclosure.
- Energy storage system.
- Power generation and power distribution room.
- CNC machine.
- Vehicles and vessels.
- Computer room.
- Server room.
- Control and distribution cabinet
The thermal activation device have 4 different models, each model works automatically, just like the heat detector with different rated temperatures, the 4 models are listed below:
- AW-101-45(45℃ rated temperature), for cold areas.
- AW-101-72(72℃ rated temperature), for normal areas.
- AW-101-93(93℃ rated temperature), for specific application.
- AW-101-110(110℃ rated temperature), for motor rooms, vessel rooms and tracks.
They ambient temperature as follow:
- from -60 to +30℃, for model AW-101-45.
- from -60 to +55℃, for model AW-101-72.
- from -60 to +80℃, for model AW-101-93.
- from -60 to +95℃, for model AW-101-110.
attentions! please see below point of view:
- Volume protected by one device shall not exceed
- Maximum relative humidity-98% (no condensation).
- keep it in a ventilated place, and avoid from sun and rain.
- After installation, you should pull out the safety pin for use.